1) A germanic tribe who invaded the late roman empire along with the vandals, visi goths etc and actually became more civilized afterwards.
2) An building style used in medieval times and later in victorian times.
2) A literature style of which Dracula and ther supernateral horrors were written in.
3) A music genre that came about in the 80's as an of shoot of punk.
4) A subculture of people who originally listened to Goth music. Now has increased to fit Industrial and Black/Death metal followers. Goths are typically seen as morbid, wearing black clothes almost all of the time, and wearing make up regardless of sex. Also seen to be more open minded to other cultures, sexualities etc.
5) Prententious people who listen to Nu metal who think they are goths but really teenagers who know nothing of music.
(Goth/Industrial bands: Bauhaust, Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Nine Inch Nails KMFDM. NON-Goth bands: Korn, Linkin Park, SLipknot.)
November 14, 2003