To not be braggy and full of yourself
Everyone likes me.
- "Me? A great artist? No, I can't accept that title."
- "But you are! You don't have to be so modest."
- "I'm looking for a more modest dress
- "What's modest?"
- "You know- long skirt, high neckline
, long sleeves. Nothing that shows off my breasts or my thighs."
- "I've never seen anything like that."
- "Forget it!"
to cover up parts of your body that are obviously meant to be covered. and to not overwhelm your face in a paste of makeup. it is true beauty, and a quality that a lot of girls need to discover. pronto!
"Modest ARE the hottest."
To lie about being worse at something than you actually are.
John: Hey Phil, did you just do the 100 meter sprint in 10 seconds?
Bill: Yeah, but I'm not very good at sprinting.
The opposite of modest is arrogance. This is being truthful about how good you are.
not inclined to engage in sexual acts
Since Mary didn't give me any, I am labelling her modest.