1. Derived from the combined words daing (salted fish), tuyo (a type of dried fish) and itlog (egg). Dyolog then became Jolog, a term for someone who is tacky, but implied in a more negative tone and often referred to people who belong to the lower class of society.
2. "Baduy", "skwating", tacky
3. Someone who likes Jolina Magdangal (a tacky, teeny-bopper wannabe)
4. Jolina Organization
5. Someone from the lower class of society who tries to be cool but ends up a failure and in turn becomes a "jolog"
6. Anything or anyone associated with things that are "pang-masa" (for the masses)
-Those people at SM are so jolog! They're probably from the squatter's area.
-Yuck! What is she wearing? Those chokers are soooo jolog.
-Omigod! She's like a fan of Jolina? That's so jolog!
-What a trying hard wannabe. Freaking jolog.
-ABS-CBN is soooo jolog. And Judy Anne Santos is just about the queen of jologs. Well... second to Jolina anyway.
derived from "gilid" (Tagalog or Filipino for "side" or "beside") and "village" (refers to the exclusive villages in the Philippines like Ayala Alabang etc.)
means an area, subdivision, village or social housing (and even squatters' area) located beside or near an exclusive upper scale subdivision.
a word used to poke fun to people living in low-class conditions
Johnny Cruise: Dude, there's a party tonight at my place in Alabang. You're in my Village right? You're invited.
Juan de la Cruz: Uhm, I don't tink I can get inside, me no have gate pass, I live in Alabang but only Alabang gillage.
J.J.I.B. (Jumping Jologs in Black) are those jologs (mostly adolescent guys) who go to some rock concert in the Philippines, dressing up like rockers. TERRIBLY.
They can be distinguished as J.J.I.B. if they wear black rocker-wear, but much more like an emo-style jolog. They come in groups or clusters and can be seen from all corners of the concert grounds, doing emo stuff and jumping around while guitar riffs and head-banging occur. They can be seen with banners or posters with the name of a certain group of J.J.I.B., (e.g., Emo ng Manila; translated as Emo of Manila, Mga Rakista ng Taguig; translated as Rockers of Taguig, etc.)
J.J.I.B. 1: Tara, punta tayo Pulp Summer Slam!
J.J.I.B. 2: Yeah mehn, tara! Laslas tayo dun!
Fan 1: Yow pare, tignan mo yun oh, mga JJIB.
Fan 2: Yuck pare, ang jologs nila! HAHAHAHA!
Filipino Term for Squatter.
Hoy ugaling iskwakwa ka talaga!
the term diren is the slang tagalog word for "not". only used by immature people that try to be funny.
my cousin angelo is very cool, handsome, and he gets a lot of girls, DIREN!