the irritation of having faggotry shoved in your face
homophobia is not fear of fags
A severe condition, usually prominent in Republicans and most of American culture, leading one to:
- innacurately use bible quotings for the justification of killing homosexuals
- restrict the rights of millions
- hide in their rooms crying if they looked at the nude body of one of the same gender and did not vomit
- insessantly call things "Gay"
My mom won't let me go out for the big ethnicity-bashing because of my cerfew! That is so GAY!
The fear that gay men will treat you the way you treat women.
-"This random guy just came up to me and told me I was cute. WTF is up with that? I should have kicked his ass."
-"Sounds like you have a case of homophobia to me."
A term created with intent to subtly pressure society into accepting homosexual behavior. Similar to young peers challenging one another's bravery or "manhood" in attempt to pressure each other to partake in daring activities.
1) "Hey, I understand if you don't want to fight him. If you're scared just say so. Everyone gets scared."
2) "Hey, I understand if you don't want to hang with gays. A lot of people still suffer from homophobia. We all have our fears"
An irrational fear of going home.
Homophob(ic) one who is reluctant for the evening to end and finally go home and face what is/not there.
Can describe one who is aware that 'home is not where the heart is, but where the tax bill is' and is reluctant to cross that threshold.
"Hey, where are we going now?"
"Whoa, it's 3pm, we've been going solid since yesterday lunch"
"Uhuh, so where are we going now?"
"I diagnose acute homophobia my friend"
"Look a taxi.."
1. fear of things that are the same
if you look at the basic meanings of its Greek roots:
but in everyday usage means:
2. fear of homosexuals
3. condition where one person has the same fears as someone else
1. With his homophobia, he can't look at a bunch of paperclips or go to a prep school without freaking out.
2. My homophobia restricts me from watching most home improvement TV shows.
3. We're both claustrophobic, making us homophobic as well.
Dislike, fear, hatred, and/or disapproval of gays and/or homosexuality, often (but not always) for religious reasons or because of insecurity about one's sexual orientation.
Many people who suffer from homophobia do not realize it and even deny it. Others will kill gays or accuse them of molesting children.