1. To ask someone somehting.
2. To call someone, contact them.
3. To go somewhere or do something.
1. "You should 'Hit Up' Tommy to see if he stole your buddha."
2. "Yo, 'hit me up' later bruvva."
3. "Let's 'hit up' this Drum and Bass Party tonight."
Yo, we headin' out tonight to hit up the hood.
To visit or use a website
Hit up google.com to find the information you need.
(v) To be financially charged or made liable for something.
I was hit up for $300 worth of parking tickets last month.
When talking about going somewhere, receiving something, or contacting someone. Can be talking about food, places, or even sex. Is also used when asking for something. In extreme cases the phrase "that shit" is inserted in the initial phrase.
Yo, let me hit up on that answer.
To go to a place that offers goods, services or facilities that allow you to do something you need to do before or during a trip or errand.
Hmm, I'm out of cash. Excuse me, I need to go hit up the ATM.
It's a good idea to hit up the bathroom before you start a road trip. And you may need to hit up a gas station on your way out.
burglary or breaking and entering, usually used for residential areas
Did you hit up that house yet?