2. A high performance mobile suit used in a work which is part of the Gundam franchise. Gundams, like all mobile suits are large humanoid combat vehicles inititially developed for use in outer space conflict. The first Gundam was developed as part of the Earth Federation V-Project in 0079 of the Universal Century, to counter the Principality of Zeon's technological superiority. Needless to say, it was a success. Gundam can be used to refer to any of the derivatives of the Gundam in the UC universe, or any copies in alternate universes. Gundams are characterized by their signature V-Antenna, two eyes, and a somewhat blocky anthropomorphic design. They are often white, with red and white components, and are usually piloted by the heroes of the story. Note:All Gundams are mobile suits, but not all mobile suits are gundams.
-Mobile Suit Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS Team
-Mobile Suit Gundam 0080
-Mobile Suit Gundam 0083
-Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
-Mobile Suit Double Zeta Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack
-Mobile Suit Gundam F91
-Mobile Suit Victory Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam: G-SAVIOUR
-Mobile Fighter G Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam X
-Mobile Suit Gundam W (or Gundam Wing)
-Mobile Suit Gundam W: Endless Waltz
-Turn A Gundam
-Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
-Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny
Mobile refered to as Gundams include:
- RX-78-2 Gundam
- RX-79G Gundam
- RX-78NT1 Gundam Alex
- RX-78GP01 Gundam Zephyranthes
- MSZ-06 Zeta Gundam
- RX-93 Nu Gundam
- and many others ranging into the hundreds in the UC and the AUs
Other Guy: *punches Guy and runs off with his model*
Another Guy: *punches Other Guy and runs off with the model*
Huge Mob: *jumps Another Guy and starts fighting over the model*
NOTE: It is not an acronym, but in the newer series, Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny, it has been turned into an acronym quite definitions for the type(s) of Gundam O(perating)S(ystem)(s):
2. A Federation mobile suit that has more advanced equipment than a standard GM. Is typically adorned with a V-fin on its forehead.
3. A prototype Federation mobile suit built to test various experimental technologies, including weapon systems, advanced armor composites, propulsion & thrusters , and electronics.
"Nothing...it's not an acronym"
"Just be glad they didn't call it "Gunboy"..."
"Wow, what a crappy name!"
2. The short name for an anime series, OAV or movie descended from 1979's Mobile Suit Gundam.
2. "Gundam SEED is the new Gundam series."