2.Also a major influence on the Engish language (arguably half of English words originate from French, and another large percentage from other languages such as German, etc)
3. French fries are not French, oddly enough. They're Belgian. But still an official French speaking country.
4.The official language, if not secondary language in a shite load of countries
5. Me! bwahahahahahaha
2. Words originating from French : Challenge, notice, sabotage, croissant, etc
3. So stop calling them Freedom Fries already.
4. France, Belgium, Switzerland, Netherlands, Canada (obviously bwahahahahah), 4.7% of Louisiana's population (go Cajuns!), at least a third of African countries, etc etc etc
5. Je suis français, donc je parle une des langues les plus romantiques du monde, au côté de l'espagnol et de l'italien. (Translation : I am French, therefor I speak one of the most romantic languages in the world, siding with Spanish and Italian.
The battlefield of Europe: The French generally dislike war due to the fact that almost half of the battles of modern Europe were fought of French soil, and the French civilians have perished by it, on their land, for over two millenia.
The second country (America was the first) to have a major revolution which favored Democracy (it didn't work out all that well). They even gave us an enormous statue for that fact.