2. I took my cable modem to my friends house for the LAN party and we had fast internet service. Can your DSL do that?
3. I found a free TV that some one was throwing out, connected it to Comcast Cable and watched channels 2-125 with no compression artifacts with a total cost of $0.00, can your DirecTV do that?
4.I ordered a PPV movie and watched it at my convenience with ON DEMAND for 24 hrs. Can your DirecTV do that?
5. Back in the day all i did was order some stuff to watch free DirecTV and they sued me for the amount assuming i watched every PPV and premium channel similtaniously 24/7, more then ill ever make in 10 lifetimes cause all wanted to do is watch that PPV wrestling and maybe some free porn with my friend Bubba. Thanks DirecTV!!!
2) Makes you pay 85 bux a month to get the good channels.
3) A reason to go with TiVo, Direct TV, Sattelite or anything else that isn't comcast.
4) A company built on lies.
5) A company that has no customer services
2) Comcast said it was my fault for everything that went wrong with the cable, even though they were the ones who set it up.
3) Comcast Internet is good but I would go with qwest DSL just so I can escape them.
The initial benefits of Comcast wear off quickly. The seemingly useful TV Guide menu is pointless when the shows they display are incorrect. Plus, you can just go the TV Guide website, channel, or magazine. OnDemand doesn't even work. So it's not really "on demand", at all. Most of the shows on it either sucks or you have to pay for it, which doesn't make sense considering there's websites that broadcast all of your favorite shows for free. The HD channels rarely work either. So this is what I'm paying seventy dollars a month for...
Person B: Comcast. It sucks.
Person A: Really? At least you have OnDemand.
Person B: Yeah... every few days I do.
Me: FUCKING SHIT FUCK ASS COCK FUCKKKKKKKKKKKK YOUUUUUUUUUU
My Friends: Oh you have comcast dont you