(noun?) the most impossible name (?) in the English (Icelandic? Swedish? Human?) language (?) to (?) pronounce (?!)
Girl 1: Bee jork?
Guy 1: Bwork?
Girl 2: Borrrkkkkk!!!??!
Swedish Chef: Shwspork?!! Spork! Sork! Horkee Hork! Bjork! Bjork! Bjork!
(They all then, explode)
An Icelandic singer who released her first album at 11. She was in many bands, then split to pursue her solo career, releasing her first international album, Debut. The hit single from the album was called Human Behaviour. She then released albums called Post, Homogenic, Vespertine etc. In 2004 she released Medulla and also appeared at the Olympics held in Greece, singing her single Oceania.
"Bjork is such a bad singer"
"No she's not, she's awesome!!!"
An extremely talented actress and singer who is absolutely beautiful. Her Icelandic culture, tied into her music, is very unique, making her a diamond in the rough! Her wardrobe may be funky, but it's unique.
Bjork inspires all with her music and acting!
1. A much misunderstood musician/artist that will always be underrated by people that have little appreciation of art and originality no matter how strange it may seem.
2. One who has lyrics or a style that the average person cannot yet grasp and then is described to others as some artist that is somewhat bizarre strange/crazy & has a style that really has no meaning.
3. An artist/performer that is somewhat Shakespearean with a touch of Sigmund Freud.
You’re going to have to change those bjork-like lyrics otherwise others wont understand the meaning your trying to convey.
Take that off this instant! You want them to think you have Bjork as a fashion consultant?
Someone that will beat your ass if you say "Welcome to Bangkok" anywhere near her.
Hapless bystander: Welcome to Bangkok!
1. The most creative artist of this era. One of the greatest poets and writers ever.
2. The genre which includes only one singer: (guess who!)
1. Remember the ümlaut in Björk!
2. Bob: What genre is Björk?
Me: er, Björk
(v) To act in an outlandish manner; create a confusing spectacle
She's going to Bjork up the place with her new see-through monkey outfit.
to be true the Icelandic word = a birch or small tree. To the Icelandic faerie = a sprite of absolute nature, power in a voice that encompasses the detriment of human behaviour...yet with power that would never do you harm in making a point. A Viking with no weapon, only a vocal boat to reach you. A pagan with poetry that can heal one's neuroses...if your phone's not off the hook (*all pun intended).
Björk help me in being a better person in the comfort of her broken voice that knows sweet intuition & empathy, by saying..."it's not be meant to be a strife, it's not meant to be a struggle up hill...you're trying too hard...undo" & "I can decide what I give, but it's not up to me
what I get given" Take sensibility in the fact that it's not up to you, but it's in our hands. Learn to simpifly complexity...that's being Björk.