1. An object you can't remember or don't know the name of.
2. An interest or area of knowledge
3. A penis.
4. An engagement or appointment.
5. A romantic relationship.
6. Used in any variation on "there is this thing where ______" which is used as a filler.
2. "I don't know if you should cut your hair or not. Ask Lola. Style is her thing."
Slut: So he took off his pants, and I saw his thing!
Strumpet: Was it a big thing or a small thing?
Harlot: Oh, I've done him before. He has a medium-sized thing.
4. We couldn't see the movie on Thursday because she had a thing.
5. They had a thing for a while, but they broke up.
6. At the mall there's this thing where you can get your picture taken.
"Yeah we're a thing."
"Yah, that thing."
"This thing is a car."
"Oh that's what that thing is?"
"Yes, that's what that thing is.