Unfair discrimination of both genders, male and female. There are many examples of it, and it attacks both genders.
1. Porn, because it makes females look like sex objects/increases males' expectations
2. How gym coaches go easy on females, but treat males like crap no matter how good they do. 5 pushups is good for a female, but 25 is bad for a male
3. How females can get a boyfriend with no effort on their part, but it's very hard for males
4. How skinny males are seen as weak nerds, but skinny females are seen as hot
Summing this up, a male's life is harder
I hate my gym coach, he's the epitome of sexism. Girls only have to do 5 pushups, but we have to do 50 and still get yelled at.
Discrimination based on gender. Both men and women can be victims of sexism.
1. A woman may be paid less than a man for doing the same job is an old example of sexism.
2. A man may be required to sign up fight for his country/be drafted while a woman is not.
3. A man who has sex with many women may be admired by other men, while a woman who has several sexual partners is labelled a 'slut' or a 'whore.'
4. No matter what their relative incomes, some women expect a man to pay for everything on a date, rather than paying for themselves, splitting the bill at dinner, etc.
Something that usually results from human beings assuming that just because they or someone they know has a certain quality, everyone else in that certain gender has it too.
"My girlfriend is frigid, therefore all girls must be."
"My ex boyfriend is a dick, therefore all men must be."
"The only well-known brilliant people in history are men, therefore women musn't have the ability to be brilliant."
"I can talk heaps more easily to the girls I know than to the boys I know, therefore all boys must be emotionally stunted."
(sexism resulting from self centred assumptions)
A guy does 5 chicks in 1 week and is known as a champion.
A girl does 5 guys in 1 week and is known as a slut.
Do you think that's fair?
That's my definition for sexism.
Men have to live by the rules women invent, but women don't.
Sexism: When a man leaves a woman after 25 years, that's "abandonment', but when a woman leaves a man after one, that's "moving on with her life"; when a man has a fantasy involving two women, that's "perverted", but when a woman has a fantasy involving a man and a horse, that's "romantic".
Sexism is what both men and women suffer from. Most people think that women suffer more from it, however they have much less to complain about nowadays.
Common examples of sexism towards women :
1) When a guy has sex with a lot of girls he is admired, however when a girl has sex with a lot of guys she is called a 'slut' or 'whore'
2) women get paid less than a man does even if they both do the same job at the same level.
Common examples of sexism towards men:
1) No matter how much a woman makes, the man is often expected to pay for everything.
2) The man is expected to ask the girl out rather than the other way around, he is also expected to propose, etc.
3) If a man hugs another man he is gay, if a woman kisses another woman with tongues, it is seen as normal.
4) If a man sees a woman undressing in her bedroom.. HE is arrested for being a Peeping Tom.
If a woman sees a man undressing in his bedroom...HE is arrested for indecent exposure.
5) If a woman hits a man, noone bats an eyelid, if a man fights back, he can be arrested for up to life in jail.
6) Women feel like they're entitled to help from men, whilst they don't think they need to return the favour.
7) Being raped, beaten, etc is a very serious concern if it happens to women. However if it happens to men? The man would be laughed at and told to 'grow some balls.'
1) Discrimination based on one's gender.
2) Something that is rampant on this website. Many assholes on the site confuse feminists (who strive for women's rights) with radical feminists (who just hate all men).
3) Something women have had to suffer from since the dawn of mankind. Men can suffer mild forms of it too, but it is more common to women.
Look up "feminism" "females" or "women's rights" at urbandictionary.com and you will find definitions laced with sexism.
An art movement (e.g. Impressionism), where the artist(s) cover themselves in paint and then have sex on a rolled out medium such as canvas.
Friend: "That's a great painting, where did you get it?"
You: "Oh the wife and I made that last weekend, it's a Sexism".