2)Doesn't care about putting out great music anymore. Only cares about making money.
3)Deceives its listeners into believing that they play the most requested songs. In reality, radio plays "THE RIGHT PRICE" (i.e. the song that the record label paid them the most to play.)
4) See number 1.
5) See number 1 again and again!!
2) A communications device allowing the wireless transmission through space of audible signals encoded in electromagnetic waves in the approximate frequency range from 10 kilohertz to 300,000 megahertz.
3) (maratime definition) An instrument that uses electromagnetic waves to communicate with other vessels. VHF radios are common for marine use, but are limited in range. HF-SSB (single sideband) radios have longer ranges.
4) an electronic receiver that detects and demodulates and amplifies transmitted signals
5) Radio is a system for the distribution of advertisement, chiefly brand advertisement for package-goods, and advertisement for recorded music sold by BigCos. To describe radio as a system for the diffusion of news, or of music, or as a technology, would be not only inaccurate but actually misleading. Radio is a creature of the advertising business, as its child, TV. television
6) Transmit messages via radio waves, usally on a set wavelength, or frequency.
other random that listens to the radio: Like oh my god! That is so old! That new pussycat dolls song is way better and fresh.
me: *adds randoms and 92.9 to "to shoot" list*
The radio is really annoying, They play the same 10 songs that are "in" NON-STOP, ALL DAY & EVERYDAY.