2. The New York Mets of hockey.
3. Typical suburban sports franchise that luckily built a winning team for a few seasons half a century ago thus having fans that think the team is somehow looking good despite clearly sucking.
4. The NHL's official farm team.
2. The New York Islander team jersey has been changed to completely orange with Stan Fishler's face on the front.
3. The New York Islanders haven't had a good season in nearly three decades? Why are people still wearing Potvin jerseys- isn't he dead by now?
4. Jason Blake's on fire! Where'd you get him? "You know, the New York Islanders"
The New York Islanders will get crushed by the Rangers on Tuesday April 3rd
The NY Rangers suck balls and are the epitome of Over-achieving teams that choke. (also see choke artist for NY Rangers definition).
Suck balls Ranger fans. Tel Henrik to stop choking and try and win a cup doosh-bags
it was the EARLY 80s that the Islanders won their 4 straight cups (1980-83).
Would have tied Montreal's record for 5 straight if they would have beaten the Oilers in the 84 finals.