The U.S. Armys standard carbine, fires 5.56mm NATO round, shares 75-80% of the parts used in the M-16. For some reason ten year olds think they are qualifyed to operate and clean one because they use it in video games, and they read the wikipedia page on it.
If you look at most stock footage of the war on terror it will have an M4 in view.
1. A modular carbine used by police and military forces worldwide.
2. The cliche weapon of choice in first-person shooters.
3. The reason every prepubescent male in America thinks they know how guns work and how to correctly and accurately operate such weaponry.
1. The M4 derived from the CAR-15, an upgrade from the A1's used in much of the fighting in Vietnam.
2. Bob picked the M4 when he was playing Rainbow Six.
Prepubescent male 1: dude we knoe everything about guns from playing video games
Prepubescent male 2: the m4 is a 5.56 NATO caliber carbine used by special forces and SWAT teams, it features an integral flash supressor with a fully modular design base including the rail interace system, a collapsable stock, backup ironsights, and room for a mounted foregrip, 40mm m203 grenade launcher, flashlight, laser sight, and a nifty carrying handle!
Prepubescent male 3: dude we should join the special forces were so good
A 5.56mm (.223 Remington) assault rifle developed by Colt's Mfg. as a carbine version of the company's M16A2 assault rifle
The SWAT team's armory was filled with M4 Carbines
HA HA M-16s aren't "Machine Guns" they are Assualt Rifles. And the M203 is not the most commonly attached equipment. That would be the M68 Sight and the PAQ-4 Infaread targeting device or the PEQ-2 Infared targeting device that EVERY member of my squad has as opposed to the 2 guys in the squad that have M-203 Grenade Launchers.
In Iraq I killed 6 Iraqis with my M-4 Carbine
1. M4A1 Sherman - A widely used American tank during World War II.
2. M4 Carbine - A short-barrel (carbine) version of the Colt M16A2 assault rifle. Used widely by law enforcement and special forces.
Hey, toss me that M4, will ya?
A carbine version of the M16A2 assault rifle. It is a true carbine, being that is has a shortened barrel and a collapsable stock. Very popular with SWAT teams and Special Forces because of its light weight and customizability. Attachments include scopes, grenade launchers and laser aiming modules.
I pwned that T with ma m4, yo!
The main west bound road out of London England. It connects the capital with Bristol and the Welsh Cities of Newport, Cardiff and Swansea. Renowned for it's traffic congestion. Particulary around Bristol where it intesects the M5
...and again traffic is moving slowly on the M4, drivers are advised to seek an alternative route.