1. A site where Progressives and Liberals can discuss, and often disagree, on the state of this country.
2. A site where thinking people can conjugate and be free of the incessant RW claptrap that passes as "thought"
3. A site where Progressives and Liberals find solace in a Sea of Hatred tossed by RW fanatics.
A place for people who preach dissent, preach diversity, preach tolerance yet will cruch you in a heart beat if you say anything that don't agree with.
Also a place for people who like to bitch endlessly but don't like to lift a finger to fix any problems.
If you are a true liberal, you should probably steer clear of the Democratic Underground.
The rich White teenagers who post there are promoters of Social Justice.
Vast arguments are welcome. For example: Someone who is for total government gun control debating someone who is for strict licensing, back ground checks, and restriction on sales of weapons that are considered "Too dangerous," is considered a clash of opposing opinions.
See also: Irony.
DU is the web-based forum/community for the US communist party without actually calling itself communist. Being or liking a mainstream democrat like Joe Lieberman is not allowed on DU.
You are only allowed to post if you are at least as leftist as Karl Marx.
DU worships Lenin, Castro, Chavez, Saddam and any nutcase willing to say the words: I hate the US (or alternatively: I hate Bush).
2. a wet dream for Seattle's liberal peace pussies, who prefer to rant about a problem rather than lift a finger to fix it
3. hypocritical online forum that criticizes Republican corruption while ignoring the sins of the National Education Association, which supports the corrupt Democratic Party
DU RESPONDS: Steady on Dick. This isn't the floor of the Senate you know."
-Typical exchange in the Hate Mailbag section