1. A whole, rational number from the decimal hindu arabic system.
Value: * * * * *
Written form in English: five
2. Only the most important number in D'ni culture ever!
More important than 25!
It is apparently the source of all that is awesome.
3. Riven, the fifth age of Gehn
1. Uh, iiss the ansssswerr 5?
2. So you're now 5^3? Awesome!
Let's have a big celebration!
3. Thank god you've returned! I need your help. There is a great deal of history that you should know, but I'm afraid I must continue my writing. Here. Most of what you'll need to know is in there. Keep it well hidden. For reasons you'll discover, I can't send you to Riven with a way out; but I can give you this. It appears to be a linking book back here to D'ni, but it's actually a one man prison. You'll need it I'm afraid, to catch Gehn. Once you've found Catherine, signal me, and I'll come with a linking book to bring us back. There's also a chance if this all goes well, I might be able to get you back to the place you came from. And by the way, 5!
5 is an elite, nerdy way of saying "LOL" See 120.
LOL means "Laughing out loud" and is a common acronym used in chatting everywhere.
LOL (or lol), written in 1337 is 101.
101 in binary is equal to 5 in decimal.
So, LOL = 5
OMG, your computer has spyware? 5
The number that shalt not be counted.
The number after 4 and before 6.
Example of 5...
BROTHER: And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, nor either count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it.'
ARTHUR: Right! One! Two! Five!"
GALAHAD: Three, sir!
Can mean many words in 1337 speak but in street means bloodz.
5 poppin' 6 droppin'
1) a number between 4 and 6
2) the number of fingers on one hand, or a hand slap involving the hand and this many fingers
3) short for "five minutes"
4) the cops...short for 5-0 (five O)
"You better be ready when the 5 roll by..." -Coolio ("Fantastic Voyage")
Nice job on the 7-11 man, give me 5! Now let's hit up this Dunkin' Donuts. Oh shit, the 5 are in there! 5 of them, dogg! Better wait 5.
The shortest form of the hugely popular expression "Laughing Out Loud". The evolution from "Laughing Out Loud" to the expression "5" is as shown here:
1. Laughing Out Loud - (Original)
2. lol - (Original -> Acronym)
3. 101 - (Acronym -> 1337 Acronym)
4. 5 - (Binary -> Decimal)
By using "5" instead of "lol", 1337 typists save 66% of their time, thus the need for the expression "5".
Typically a situation that warrants a "5" is funnier than a situation in which "lol" will suffice.
Adam: I think the person in the cube next to me just turded their seat.
In the world of l33t the number 5 represents the letter "S"
A fictional god of war and terror that supposedly comes whenever someone says the word "FIVE" in a specific tone. Five is legendary for having the ability to change his form and shape, and killing humans that are poor in judgment in a flash.
Put on your shirts and clean up your language, gentlemen. 5 is on his way.