I've seen some of the scariest definitions and ideas about Los Angeles posted by other people, some of whom claim to be from L.A. Let me first say that I am an L.A. native and I've lived the majority of my life here. Like any major city throughout the world, L.A. has it's problems. There are gangs in many areas, the air quality can be bad depending on the day and as we all know our traffic is downright nasty. Here are some points to consider though:
1. L.A. has some of the most amazing restaurants representing some of the most diverse ethnic cuisines from around the world. These restaurants can be found many of L.A.'s traditionally ethnic neighborhoods: Koreatown, Little Ethiopia, Chinatown, Thai Town, J-Town, etc.
2. L.A. has world class museums and galleries: LACMA, MOCA, the Getty Center and Villa, Petersen, Tar Pits, etc.
3. L.A. has an amazingly comprehensive transportation system, both for motorists and its public transit system. Check out a Thomas Guide to see the massive network of streets and freeways and check out www.metro.net to see the major bus and rail operator's network (which by the way is one of many networks throughout the County).
4. L.A.'s incredible geography and topography allows for a plethora of outdoor activities at its doorstep: hiking, biking, snowboarding, surfing, beachgoing, rollerblading, etc.
5. L.A. has one of the most diverse populatio...