1) the first letter of the English alphabet
2) a sound that this letter represents
3) one; one sort of
4) each; any one
5) in or for each
6) in some schools, the highest grade, meaning "excellent" or "best"
7) in music, the sixth tone or note in the scale of C Major
8) abbreviation for assist: used in sports
1) "A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z" As you can see, A is the first letter of the Engish alphabet.
2) Sounds like "ay" or "ah"
3) I picked a rose.
4) A dog that bites should be tied up.
5) It costs fifty cents a box.
6) I got an A on my math test today!
7) Your A string is out of tune.
8) I got a few A's in today's basketball game.
A wannabe violin. Snuggled safely between the violin section and the cello section, violists know that their terrible playing will definitely be drowned out. In fact, you will NEVER hear violas on a digital recording because degital recording has become so advanced that all extraneous noise is eliminated. =)
How many viola players does it take to screw in a light bulb?