Usually very ignorant. Gets into Metal through bands like Slipknot. They start feeling cool and unique and need to express how Metal is the supreme genre.
How to spot one
1) Says a guitarist isn't good if they can't play fast.
2) Says a guitarist isn't good if they can't play technical.
3) Blasts Metal on their iPods thinking someone will ask them what they are listening to so they can show off how awesome they think their musical taste is to others.
4) Tries to introduce you to Metal by telling you all bands you like suck.
5) Thinks all bands that aren't Metal have no talent.
6) Doesn't know what good Metal vocals are.
Newbie Metalheads usually smarten up, they usually take up guitar and realize that speed isn't everything. Wanting to compose music they go through the tons of influences of their influences and from there they go to their influences which leads them into lots of music which isn't Metal. Then they become people who are open to tons of music, having liked music that is condemned by most people.
person: Do you like N.W.A.?
newbie Metalhead: RAP IS CRAP!