6. Man up can also mean for an individual to be (not "act") mature, to grow up, quit being childish, to change their ways and turn around (do a 180) and to go the correct way from now on, etc...
7. Close to that: man up can also mean for someone to stop being self-centered and to look at what they are doing, or how they are acting - for them to change viewpoints, and perspective on the situation(s) and move forward in the correct direction in their life, and/or in others lives.
8. Man up can also mean for one to be a leader, to step up to the plate when no one else will, to give it your best shot, to TRY!
6. Finally at age 38 I realized that I wasn't helping out anyone else but myself when I did those things, so I (did man up) grew up & repented of my ways (did a 180 degree turn
from where I was at before, to go the other way now). It took some doing, and I am still working on it, but at least my family & friends know where I stand
7. Yanno, I wasn't sure where I was headed, because I really had no goals
in my life; but since I met her - I (did man up) am on the right path
8. When no one else would do their duty to step out
onto the Battlefield, a scrawny
Private (did man up), took notice, stood up, and started working his way
through the enemy lines. His initiative
brought on a great victory that day, and now he is a Hero to many.