An internet lingo created to battle the the overuse of the term lol
by using different abbreviations to more accurately describe the user's expressions.
1. NL=Not Laughing. Used when a friend makes an unfunny joke but thought it was hilarious.
2. Ss=Slight Smile. Used when the user has a slight smile on their face, an expression that many people described innacurately with the term "lol
3. Cg=Cracked Grin. Used when the user is halfway between a slight smile and lol
=Laughing out loud. Only to be used when the user is literally laughing audibly in a text or online chat.
1. Guy A: Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side!
Guy B: NL...
2. Guy A: That guy gets more ass than a toilet seat...
Guy B: Ss, that was slightly amusing.
3. Guy A: I smoked a pound of weed one time and pissed all over my friend's pet hamster.
Guy B: Cg, that is pretty damn funny...
4. Guy A: That chick is like a broken traffic light. Green light all the time!
Guy B: Lol, i am literally laughing audibly so that others in the room can hear me, and am not in any way just saying "lol" to show how extremely uninterested I am.
Guy A: I love how you used expressionism as a way to convey your true emotions.