1. Litterally Property. Most often used as a term of endearment for a girl's boyfriend by the girl herself. (as in "my Beau")
2. Litterally Property. Used to in reference to a guy that signifies possessiveness or attachment of the girlfriend, fiance or wife of the guy
3.a term for a boyfriend, male admirer or husband used by a girl when she is claiming (non-sexual) rights to him like she would for property
4. a fashionably dressed (typically southern, but not nessesarily) gentleman: a man always smartly dressed in the fashionable clothes
5. a frequent and attentive male companion or escort for a girl or woman. Especially if from the South
6. A term a girl uses for really sweet guy, who a she wants to be asked-out by
7. all inclusive term for a girl's significant other; her guy (always has a very positive connotation)
8. dandy or a dandy guy (never in a sexual way)
9. a kind, thoughtful gentleman
Girl: Me and my beau are going out later today. He is going to pick me up.
Girl's Friend: Your beau is so sweet. I'm jealous, why can't my guy pick me up as well?
Girl: Hey, back-off he's my beau