Korean leveling threadmill cleverly disguised as a massive multiplayer online game (Everquest
, Eve Online
). Also known as PT. It involves the following:
1. mindlessly killing mobs (mobs = monsters);
2. gaining items from said mobs (items = better equipment = increased killing efficiency);
3. leveling up after killing an astronomical number of said mobs (leveling = more stat points = increased killing efficiency);
4. accessing higher level maps with stronger mobs which render your new equipment upgrades and stat points void;
5. jump back to #1 and repeat indefinitely
On very rare ocassions and after a significant amount of time spent inside this senseless and time-consuming loop, you may achieve enlightment and be able to skip to #6:
6. in a flash of insight, you realize that playing PT is the equivalent of being brain dead and quit for good, denouncing all mmorpg
s as the brainchildren of satan
and make a witty entry on urbandictionary as your final contribution to the game that has sucked out 2 years of your life;
It is also one of the few online multiplayer games where soloing is more efficient than partying, which promotes a healthy anti-social attitude that will make you unable to function in society ever after.
Pristontale killed my inner child.