1. a mythical being of folklore and romance usually having a smaller version of the human body with small wings protruding from its back and possessing magical powers of somekind and frequently cause problems for their prey.
2. the object of many of Amy Browns paintings.
3. beautiful little creatures found fantasy novels and stories that often lull children to sleep.
1. "I swear it was that fairy! The gold came from the fairy!"
2. "Have you seen Amy Brown's latest? It's of a night flyer fairy...."
3. "And the little fairy said, 'Go to sleep and dream of peaceful things,' And the child went to sleep..."