1. A type of figure skating jump, including a leap with 1.5 turns.
2. One component of the "wheel and axel" simple machine. The wheel has a larger circumfrence than the axel, and so it would take more power to turn the axel, but in doing so the wheel would turn more times. Most wheels and axels on cars function this way.
3. A character in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. He is the eighth member of Organization XIII, nicknamed "The Flurry of Dancing Flames". Axel, like other members of the group, wears a black overcoat with black gloves and black boots. He has bright red, spiky hair and wields two chakram with eight spikes on each. He can throw these chakram or use them as melee weapons--they will always return to his hand when they're thrown. He can also charge them with fire and execute many fire-based attacks. He has broken off from the rest of the Organization in KH II, but he still shares a relationship with Roxas
1. Bob: "Axel Paulsen was the first guy to ever perform an axel jump. Go figure!"
2. John: "Dude, the axel on my car broke. I have to get it towed to the shop!"
Mofo: "That bites, man. That bites big."
3. Axel: "The name's Axel. Got it memorized?!"
"I'm so FLATTERED!"
"My heart just wouldn't be in it, y'know? Haven't got one..."