- 20th state admitted to the Union.
- ranks low in a lot of good. categories/high in a bunch of bad categories.
- tons of history. civil war, civil RIGHTS war, etc.
- home of an incredible amount of musicians, writers
and overall successful, famous people.
- very solid
sports history, and turn
out of a lot of professional athletes.
of very friendly folks.
- a few a-holes (ole miss
fans). (just kidding....kinda).
of very hot chicks.
- highest african
american population % in the country.
- birthplace/home of the blues
(screw you, memphis) and birthplace of country music (screw you, nashville).
- very diverse landscapes. from delta flat
to rolling hills to piney woods to the beaches of the gulf coast.