1) A way of saying, "That smells awful."
2) Official scoring of a pop-up in baseball.
1) PU, Dennis! Haven't you ever heard of deodorant? Or at least breath mints?
2) A pop-up caught by the second baseman is scored as 'PU4'.
A man who runs for U.S. President each election year as a third-party candidate.
Nader figures that since he runs every year, he's going to have to win sometime.
1) In pain from a previous injury. When sore, there is still some pain, but it is gradually decreasing.
2) An injury that is healing slowly.
3) Upset about an incident that took place some time ago.
1) I'm sore from that basketball game; I think I need to condition myself better.
2) That sore on your leg is still there, eh?
3) Lonnie's pretty sore about the fact that Mitch broke his bike.
To brag. Gloating usually involves bringing up someone else's failures, not just the gloater's successes.
He was gloating about his third-place finish compared to my twenty-seventh.
Pathetic character who is often reminded of his (guys are labeled as chumps far more than girls) shortcomings by superiors.
Synonymous with 'loser
', although a bit more outdated. See chump change
Lars: And so than I says, you wanna know what I says? I says, "I'll abama YOU, amigo!"
Chalkie: Lars, you're a chump.
One who corrects the grammar of all people, not just Jews and Gypsies.
The Grammar Fascist corrected me when I told him that I wanted to 'get an good grade' on the Spanish test.
Visible air pollution often seen hovering around big cities (Los Angeles). The word 'smog' comes from the combination of the words 'smoke' and 'fog'.
There were times when a face mask was required to walk safely around Toronto because of SARS; Los Angeles is still like that because of SMOG.