Lacking the ability to be safely be heated by a microwave oven. Things that have microwaveablelessness include 12 oz. soda cans, pressurized cans of R-12
, chicken eggs in their shells, sealed film canisters filled with water, dry ice bombs, mercury thermometers, electronics, and lithium-ion batteries.
Saddam learned the hard way about the microwaveablelessness of a camping propane cylinder. He almost lost his house.
The (usually unintentional) killing of Link in the Nintendo console game "Legend of Zelda".
"In Wind Waker I fell from a great height and commited Linkicide! Now I have to start from the last save point."
The coolest sound on the Roland D-50 synthesizer keyboard. The sound is made by a short looping digital recording going through built in effects and the sound of the internal recordings of drums looping after you've held down the key for a while. It sounds like natives banging on drums.
You like the Mellotron String section? DigitalNativeDance is da bomb!
DigitalNativeDance is the one preset where you can just hold down one note and it will sound impressive.
Like Mickey Mouse's brooms, sorcerer's apprentice mode is a computer event that triggers over and over again on its own output. There was once a time on USENET (an internet message board system) where a program was written to cancel anonymously posted messages automatically. Problem was, the canceling message was also an anonymous message which caused the program to trigger on its own output.
This actually will happen if you try to downgrade a 2.0 firmware PSP and you have Norton running...the screen real estate gets used up faster and faster with the same darn error message. This is because it gets a false positive that the downgrader is PSPBrick, then Norton quarantines the "virus" which causes it to notice the freshly quarantined virus as a new virus that was just installed seconds later, and the process repeats.
some source (sorce) code
printf("There's been a horrible error!);
main(); /* call the main function and eat more memory */
"I tried to copy the downgrader to my PSP, but Norton seems to have went into sorcerer's apprentice mode."
A corporation whose technological feats include a wireless mouse that jumps 400+ pixels at random times along with a 3.1 megapixel digital camera whose battery life with 3 freshly charged AAA cells lasts a gogol times longer (give or take 50%) than a celebrity marriage
(the batteries last approximately 10 minutes). Approximate synonym: Chinktronics.
I went to drag a MP3 file to my iPod
, but it fell in the Recycle Bin instead, darn Sakar mouse!
At least the battery life on my Sakar digital camera is long enough for Lindsay Lohan's wedding pictures.
Moses, the man who recieved the Ten Commandments back in Biblical Times. So called because once he learned he was supposed to deliver the Israelites from Egypt, he took it upon himself to ritually coat his lower arms and lower legs with a mixture of soil and water by making bricks with the slaves. If I was Moses and I got the chance to squish mud between my toes without anyone getting on my case I'd actually be happy. I wouldn't be happy if my friend got killed by the master butcher, though.
Prince Moses the mud prophet will deliver the Israelites from Egypt after crashing the waves of the Red Sea over Pharaoh's Chariots.
1. In machines, the amount of time, when operating a bank of machines, between any one of them failing. Not lifetime, as hard drive manufacturers want you to think. It is the average amount of time between failures of indivdual parts when talking about a system.
2. In biology, the average lifespan of each individual organism which has a particular set of genes or "environment of luck". An "environment of luck" can be something like all people who fly on a plane, living around individuals who want you dead in the worst way,all people who smoke, or some other demographic.
1. When punching laced cards on a bank of keypunch punched-card makers, the average MTBF is about three cards.
1. In an average house, it is normal to burn out 3 incandescent light bulbs in a month. Therfore the MTBF is 10 days.
2. Teacher:"King tut only lived to be 19."
Mocking Student:"Wow, his MTBF is in the toilet!"
2. "The MTBF of John Benet Ramsey is quite short."