1. He's in ICU, and they have him on the jet ventilator.
2. What's going on with him?
3. He's probably not going to survive. He's in severe ARDS.
Sevo is short for Sevoflurane.
1.Start the sevo.
2. All right.
3. Here we go Mr. Mckenzaly, you will start feeling sleepy.
4. Allo right.
5. He's out.
6. All right. Let's Intubate.
7. All right
An oscillator is an HFOV.
2. An oscillator is a medical device used in the hospital when a conventional ventilator isn't working, and/or the patient's lungs are to fragile to tollerate opening, and closing. It shoots several hundred breaths per minute into the patient's lungs at very small puffs, so the lungs can rest, and they don't have to open and close, and while they are resting, the patient is still being ventilated.
1. Is he on his oscillator?
3. He's on the Sensormedics 3100A Oscillator.
4. All right.
Short for Mechanical Ventilator.
A MV or mechanical ventilator is a device that assists with breathing as by a mask over the patient's mouth, and nose, or more commonly by a breathing tube also known as an ET or Endotracheal tube placed into the patient's airway or trachea.
1. He was on an MV for five years before they got him on a CPAP machine, and just weaned him off like THAT.
2. Are you serious?
Unable To Locate.
All right. WAIT, I SEE HIM. He's standing behind the bushes.
NICU is short for Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
Its where they place sick and/or premature newborns so that they can be monitored, and if necessary, cared for by nurses and Drs. and also therapists.
1. He was placed in the NICU after being born at 18 weeks, and was on a ventilator until he got to be about to his due date at which time he was given a tracheostomy.
2. awwwwww, does he have any lung function?
3. No. He can't see, hear, move, and pp0retty much lies there doing absolutely nothing.
A person who has MNS.
This person is considered strange in some eyes but to some people particularly nurses in a hospital or Drs. is considered up their alley. This person is considered a Medical Nerd or MN because they love medical equipment, and/or love to talk about Drs. and nurse's jobs a lot, or some people just love studying the human body.
1. This dude is a Medical Nerd.
2. I know.
3. He tried to steal a pulse oximeter from the hospital one time, and the nurses just laughed at him, and took the pulse oximeter back.
4. What brand was the pulse oximeter?
5. It was Ohmeda 3760