1) a tool, such as a socket wrench
2) (corruption of "wretched"), derogatory hip-hop slang for an unpopular, obese, average-looking, rude, closet poly, hip-hop person, usually a welfare client with children from multiple parents, substance abuse problems and a narcissistic personality disorder, hence the multiple partners and nightclub brawling. Often wears ill-fitting leggings, torn fishnet hose and a loose, matted hair weave in a bright color. Extra income may come from multiple partners, begging and/or prostitution, due to hir poverty. Term is often hypocritically used by similar speakers. Warning! This term is a racial stereotype, sexist fat and slut-shaming speech and may provoke ethnic violence from target.
3) hip-hop slang for gun, knife, or assaulting someone. See meanings 1 and 2.
4) Science fiction video game character from "Ratchet & Clank" series
5) Science fiction robot character from "Transformers" animated series.
1) "Hand me the ratchet from my toolbox," said my father as he worked on his car.
2) "That person is soooo ratchet, in that bad weave and tore-up stockings!"
3) "Let's ratchet that mutha#@%$," he said and pulled a 9-mm. ratchet on him.
A common supervillain saying in soliloquies, meaning that reprisals against enemies, such as superheroes, should be delayed long after the original offense, until the enemies have forgotten them and relaxed security, not expecting an attack. It's origin is unknown, but has been quoted in movies such as Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan, novels such as Mario Puzo's The Godfather, etc.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold," said Dr. Negative to himself, as he slouched on his throne and petted his cat with gloved hands.