1) The human institution by which a group of people
come together for protection, the gathering of food, trade, the raising of young, and through this, create, share, and spread a common culture
2) A large group of people who share a common culture.
3) Created by Sid Meier, a series of turn-based strategy computer games which charges the player with doing (1) to create a world dominant (2). Highly addictive and widely played. Used unwisely, causes the Civilization affect
, which has ruined many careers.
1) The savages realized that they could survive in the harsh world by living together and helping each other survive. They formed a civilization.
2) One thousand years later, the descendents of those savages had formed a set of morals and beliefs distinct from their fellows.
3) One of those descendents lost any and all hopes of becoming a dentist through the use of Civilization.