Possibly coined by www.chadmallory.com in the early/late 20th century, this word has been heard in many homes and even names the ESPN fantasy sports overall score.
(2) Became popular in the american language through its occurence in a phrase of the old nazi-time german anthem, re-used by punk bands ("california über alles")
(3) Is now used as a substitute for "really" or "very" etc.
(2) "...Deutschland über Alles..." (Germany above All Things)
(3) This website is über-informative
2. More modernly this word has become mainstream in American pop culture as an adjective to add emphasis to the impressiveness of something.
i.e.: Heide Klum is an über-babe.