An object of high value that everyone wants. Originally the term "MacGuffin" with the same meaning, used in literary plots.
Random person: "I love your car!"
Me: "I know, isn't it just a maguffin?"
by Leb January 31, 2004
Top Definition
The device in a Television Show or Movie which keeps the plot rolling, generally a character or situation.
The MacGuffin of 24's third season was the threat of a nuclear holocaust.
by SoylentGreg July 17, 2005
Free Daily Email

Type your email address below to get our free Urban Word of the Day every morning!

Emails are sent from We'll never spam you.