|1.||law school gunner|
law school cocksucker.
I raise my hand just to tell my life experiences.
I think I am smart but really have no life skills besides being a bigot and asshole.
My opinion is the only one that counts.
I am pretty sure I have been everywhere in the world.
I am smarter and know more than my professors.
I am in the bottom of my class.
For some reason the teachers still call on me even though they know only my stupid fucking opinion is going to come out.
A law school gunner would say things like:
"I feel like that isn't right because ya know freedom of contract"
"In New York..."
"I am from Massachusetts and there the law is..."
|2.||Law school gunner|
Someone who hijacks class discussion (and hence, class time) with irrelevant, or tangential opinions and/or questions.
Someone who attempts, usually (and repeatedly) failing, to demonstrate his or her intellectual prowess by asking questions "out side the box." These questions, and the answers/discussion they force the professor to entertain, are never tested and rarely add positively to the lecture.
3. Someone who repeatedly asks questions during lectures that would be more appropriately discussed after class.
1. During discussion of a case in criminal law, one notorious law school gunner once proclaimed: "Professor, the holding of this case reminds me of a Klingon proverb, you know, 'Revenge is a dish best served cold.'"
2. A law school gunner would preface a question with, "Well, in the bible it says x." Prof. would answer, "Well in the Constitution it says Y. And it's the Constitution that will be tested on my exam."
After asking a dozen questions in the span of 45 minutes, the following exchange may occur:
Gunner: "Professor, I have another question."
Prof: "Ok, but this is the last one for this lecture, we have to move on."
Gunner: "Well, I have several more, and I'd like to ask them." (The gunner then proceeds to ask them).
|3.||law school gunner|
1. Gunners do not have the first clue.
2. They try to sound smart.
3. They probably are the class "anvil" in a law school with a tight curve.
4. And finally, they end up dropping out or just come to accept that their classmates get their above qualities and so they stop trying to fool everyone else, including themselves.
These gunners wither away and become normal, despite having gone to law school, and they become replaced.
However, sometimes gunners go into hibernation, or some latent gunners who never had the audacity to be a gunner in law school, become your stereotypical lawyer when they manage to stumble their way into a job after law school.
Do not be fooled with people in the legal profession, or any other profession, who try hard to sound smart by using, for example, "par excellence" and "since time immemorial" in the same sentenced stuffed with legalese. It's OK if every now and then people get "rewarded" for no merit if that means they will shut up, as long as they know that we are in on their game, and that they'll have to change eventually into mature adults.
Law school gunner: "I do not think that is what Judge Cardozo meant by his opinion."
Professor: "But that is what he wrote."
|4.||law school gunner|
A law school gunner is a law student that will do anything, including sexual favors, for a good grade.
Bob: I heard she gave the Prof a blowjob.
Steve: She is such a law school gunner.