1. One who does not understand how to deal with the public.
2. One who speaks in compassionate terms until crushing people's hopes.
3. One who drinks substantial amounts of a beverage bearing the same name.
4. One who never gives direct answers to any specific questions.
1. To string people along and then crush their spirits.
2. To evade and obfuscate.
3. To use bad humor in inappropriate contexts.
4. To lie.
--Your girlfriend left you right after you proposed? Obviously, she was pulling a Labatt on you.
--Hey, you sure you didn't take my wallet? You're not Labatting with me, are you?
--The general Labatted the enemy to great effect during the war.