word of the day: January 29, 2005
to engage in flirtatious behavior with another; to crush on someone; to hit on someone
Brandon, constantly laughing, smiling, lightly touching and generally talking up a storm, was jocking Amanda.
Derived from the term, "Being on someone's jock (as in jock strap)" meaning to attempt to imitate their style, especially in music.
"MCs be jockin' my style" - Craig Mack
Derived from the word jock strap. Much in the way a jock strap cups, secures, and holds in place someone's nuts (balls or testicles), some humans also hold, grip, or "jock" someone in order to impress, gain favor, or attract.
Jocking is the act or art of placing someone on a higher level or pedestal, most times undeservedly and annoyingly so.
"I wish John would stop jocking Terri for a date!"
"Do you see the way Sally has been jocking Mr. Brown for a good grade?"
To Hit up on someone(usually gurlz)
AKA Get a lot of girls
Cruzin down the street in my '64 Jocking the Bitches slaping the hoes - by Eazy-e
To vy for, try and take
"Nathan was the team's star player, but when Lucas arrived he began to think Lucas was jocking for his place as point-guard."
"Sue was jocking for a turn on the computer, and so were both her brothers - they always fought over it."
To hate on a person by constantly checking their formspring.me account and posting stupid shit on it.
True dat...but why would 12 year old girls be jocking my formspring and asking questions? That's odd
1. Trying to be like someone of a higher status
2. Acting like a jock
, ex.- hitting on the girls with the "ideal figure",
3. Taking someone else's work from an HTML site, and claiming it as your own. Like plagiarism, but more specific.
1. "Mike is so jocking on Trevor, he always does exactly what he does."
2. *Boy walks right past 'typical girl' to pack of cheerleaders in short skirts* "DANG you women so fine, hows I take you all for a ride tonight?"
3. "Erika is jocking, she has this new layout code in her site, but it's really Leah's"