excessively dramatic, attention loving
someone with Histrionic Personality Disorder fits five or more of the following:
1. is uncomfortable in situations in which he or she is not the center of attention
2. interaction with others is often characterized by inappropriate sexually seductive or provocative behavior
3. displays rapidly shifting and shallow expression of emotions
4. consistently uses physical appearance to draw attention to self
5. has a style of speech that is excessively impressionistic and lacking in detail
6. shows self-dramatization, theatricality, and exaggerated expression of emotion
7. is suggestible, i.e., easily influenced by others or circumstances
8. considers relationships to be more intimate than they actually are
"She'll do anything for attention."
"Yeah, she's histrionic like that."
Can be used to describe 70% of the teen population and also the middle to high class parts of society.
70% of everyone at school is histrionic.
Those upper class desk job workers always feel like they need to be the "beacon of light" and are heavily inspired by their bosses and friends.