racial slur for an african american
Me: man he can run fast
Friend: thats cuz he is a harlem
Harlem is a part of Manhattan
located ABOVE 125th st. and BELOW 165th st. It has historically been the home of African-Americans
and peoples of African decent. Harlem is best known for the jazz, poetry, and art that came out of the Harlem Renaissance. Important figures of Harlem include: Langston Hughes
, W.E.B DuBois
, Ella Fitzgerald
Harlem has also been seen as a dangerous place to people who reside below 96th st and really most places outside of Manhattan. Trust me, It's not.
I took the A train to 125th and got off in Harlem. (Duke Ellington's song "A Train" is all about this).
A great place to visit, a shitty place to live
Harlem, where "open-minded" white people go to soak up the black culture and deepen their souls, then drive back to the cushy suburbs.
One of New York City's oldest neighbrohoods. Harlem has history. I mean mad history. Harlem is a famous neighborhood that homed many famous people, and I don't mean these whack-ass rap artists. The layout in Harlem has many pre-war
row houses, apartment buildings and many other type of housings. There is also A LOT of famous places in this neighborhood, which varies through restaurants to arts & music to cultural places. Very well known to the famous Apallo Theater
. Streets are named after famous people as well, such as 'Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard' and 'Malcolm X Avenue'. Harlem also has neighboring districts such as 'East Harlem, 'Sugar Hill', 'Hamilton Heights', 'Marble Hill' and many others. Neighborhoods near Harlem would be 'Washington Heights', 'Inwood' and the 'Upper East Side'.
However, Harlem was completely ruined by crime after the '40s. Crime went up to a huge %70, but in the past few years the neighborhood has gotten better and crime went down %64 thanks to (former) Mayor Roudolf Guiliani and (present) Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
Harlem is a great place to visit.
harlem starts on 110th and ends on 159th as far as blocks go. We who are from Harlem have a different persona - a different grandeur- We talk & walk different. If you see a person with an outfit you never seen before most likely "they're from Harlem." If you hear someone talking that crazy wildness you never heard before you guessed right "they're from Harlem." Harlem cats are fly our style is ridiculous which makes us unique & trendsetters we're a lil flashy, hustle prone, we get it poppin' & we got that guap what more can I say: HARLEM NEVA SAT DOWN FOR US 2 HAVE 2 STAND UP!!!!
People from harlem are trendsetters.
Within the burough of Manhatten,from 110th st to 165th st
Harlem is where it's happening.
another name for air force ones in New York. usually in Yonkers NY
got those new harlems son
The Greatest Collection of Blacks in the Country.
It was further comfirmed today that harlem is 80% Black, while the other 20% are KKK members living underground....