A radical left-wing nut job who believes that anything George Bush did was wrong.
An athiest who wants every kid in America to grow up without relying on God so they remove Him from all public institutions (even though 80% of America believes in God).
A pro-abortion baby killer who would see a newborn baby diced up into little pieces just so that an 80 year old woman with cancer can receive stem cell medical aid.
The kind of person who manipulates every word you say to make you sound dumb. They put words in your mouth and when they think they are going to lose an argument they generally bring up George Bush for doing something either 100 years before his presidency or 1 year after it.
Against guns and weapons and wars and confrontations of any kind, even when used for self-defense. They don't want us to get into wars with people when they bomb huge symbols of American capitalism and idealism.
They support gay marriage, even though it clearly says in not only the Bible, but also the Torah, the Quran, and the U.S. code of laws that marriage is a union between a MAN and a WOMAN.
Are voted for by minorities because the minorities don't realize that it was the Republican party that fought for their rights as individuals in the 1860's, and that it's still Republicans who are fighting for their individual liberties now.
Express interest in other forms of energy, but never support any plan that expresses interest in other forms of energy.
"That damn democrat is going to keep passing his outrageous legislature until the whole damn country looks and acts exactly the same, kind of like communism, but the democrats would have you call it equality...even though anyone who is a part of their huge socialist regime is in no way on equal footing with everybody else."
"Well son, it's okay if you break all my rules, as long as you're not a democrat."
The United States Democratic Party. Usually characterized by beliefs such as:
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
This is a neutral definition of the word Democrat. Urban Dictionary should be about defining words, not advancing a point of view.
a member of the more liberal of the two major political parties.
this definition of democrat is not a rant
Apparently, people who aren't allowed to back up their point of view with evidence.
Republican: It's obvious the Bush tax cuts helped the poor more than the rich.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.
1. One belonging to the United States Democratic Party
2. Tend to believe that government should come to the aid the most disadvantaged in society (see Unemployment Insurance, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families, Medicare, Medicaid, Social Security). We don't bring it up much, but it's what Jesus taught.
3. Belive in the separation of church and state, on the off-chance that not everyone in America is a Southern Baptist.
4. Doesn't believe that industries have the unfettered right to dump carcinogens into our water supplies. Also believe in protecting public health and worker safety.
5. Believe in strengthening public education, rather than gutting it with vouchers.
6. Belive in civil liberties and equal rights for all people, regardless of gender, race, or sexual orientation; a Democratic President pushed through the Civil Rights Act even though it meant losing half of his party. That half, comprising mostly of racist whites, now overwhelmingly votes Republican.
7. Most have actually read the 9th amendment. Can also spell "amendment."
8. Represent broadest spectrum of the American public: women, blacks, Latinos, gays, Jews, seculars, immigrants, union workers, and yes, also straight middle-class white male Protestants like me.
If they were alive today, Abraham Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would be Democrats.
Despite a wealth of good ideas, Democrats have allowed themselves to be intimdated by semi-literate meatheads called Republicans
A member of the Democratic party, one of the two major political parties. Similarly to Republicans, they blame all of the world's problems on the other party.
Stereotypically, Democrats are hippies.
The default political party to vote for when opposing republicans in a presidential campaign.
Voting for the green party is worthless, I'll vote democrat.
Those who vote based on irrelevant factors (id est, gender, race, charisma, et cetera).
"As a Democrat, I voted for Barrack, because we need a black man in the White House."