The scientific theory that a single occurence, no matter how small, can change the course of the universe forever.
1. A man travelled back in time to prehistoric ages and stepped on a butterfly, and the universe was entirely different when he got back.
2. The flap of a butterfly's wings changed the air around it so much that a tornado broke out two continents away.
Theory that everything matters. That even the flutter of a butterfly's wings can cause a hurricane on the otherside of the world. If you change even the smallest of life's details, you completely change its outcome.
You should go see the movie butterfly effect.
that even the smallest step one takes in his/her life
can change the course of said life immensely. The name of this theory came to be when a Chaos Theory
stated: "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world."
Right vs. Left
Up vs. Down
Noon vs. Midnight
These choices, once chosen, are all examples of the Butterfly Effect and how one of these choices vs. another will affect one's life greatly.
an action that redefines the future
when elijah come back and redefines equality through the ecology and economy hence butterfly effect
1. A theroy stating that if one was to step on a butterfly some 65 million years ago, it would change the entire course of history in the present.
2. As a butterfly flaps its wings in one part of the world, a disaster is happening in another part of the world.
2. A butterfly is flying in Africa. A tsunami is devestating Japan
1. The theory that everything that happens must happen; that you can't save one thing without destroying something else. Coming from the idea of a butterfly caught in a spider's web. You can't save the butterfly without killing the spider (through violence or starvation).
(Also personified in the more popular saying, "Live and Let Die")
2. ... Also the name of a movie that portrays the previous definition. Er, I think. I haven't actually seen it. Is it any good? Excuse me if I don't hold my breath...
Stopping the bombing of Hiroshima would most likely have the butterfly effect that would have costed a multitude more lives.
(Please excuse the politically incorrect referance. My most heart-felt apologies go out to anyone particularly connected the the incident portrayed in this example.)
When a girl is giving a bj and she rapidly flicks her tongue all over the head, feels like buterflies are in her mouth flying all around your dick
I got hummer
last night and she was using the butterfly effect...yeeeeeeeowwwww!!!!!