1. the ACLU will deny a child’s right to bring a Bible to school (using the fraudulant seperation of church and state excuse) but will support a child’s right to bring a copy of the Kuran or Playboy Magazine and anything pornographic.
2. It believes pornography is protected by free speech but your right to pray/worship is not.
3. They deny a child’s right to pray to Jesus in school but will protect the rights of those to pray to Satan or Baael. .
4. They deny schools the right to mention the word ABSTINENCE in sex-ed classes but demand that condoms be supplied to students.
5. They will deny a child’s right to wear a shirt that mentions Jesus, especially in a positive light but support a child’s right to wear something perverted, antisemmetic or offensive.
6. The ACLU denies children the right to bring Tylenol or necessary medication to school for a headache but permits teenage girls to have an abortion without parental consent.
7. The ACLU, last week in Texas, even threatened to sue school districts whos school buses even PASSED a church along its route, fearing seeing the church would “influence” the child. What crap. 8. This facist wants the elimination anything Christian from society, but wants the opportunity to practice Satanism, Wicca, the occult and Islam anywhere in public.
9. Last year, the ACLU threatened to sue a small town in Colorado for putting a nativity scene on its Christams float but demanded they erect a statue on the float with some homosexual reference.
10. They have numerous times threatened any small town across America for displaying the Ten Commandments, claiming the fraudulent excuse of “seperation of church and state” when the Commandments are not really religious at all, but merely the basis of Western law.
11. They believe that the saying 'Under-God' in the pledge of allegiance is offensive and our motto “In God We Trust” should be taken off all money.
12. They want all Giddeon’s Bibles removed from hotels.
The ACLU fights for everyone's freedom, even the one of ignorant people
the aclu is a buncha goofy liberals
Its mission is to defend the Bill of Rights. Specifically, the organization holds the following positions:
-Strong pro-free-speech stance, to the extent of believing that organizations such as the KKK and NAMBLA should be able to peaceably assemble and advance their point of view
-Belief in the separation of church and state
-Believes porn is protected free speech
-Opposition to the Patriot Act and a general opposition to unreasonable search and seizure
-Opposition to the death penalty
-Support of abortion rights
-Support of gay marriage
-Support of legislation such as the Voting Rights Act
-Opposition to campaign finance reform on free-speech grounds
-Legalization of drugs
The ACLU's major focus is on the court system, and they have successfully argued cases that have done the following
-desegregated the public school system
-protected abortion rights
-made gay sex legal
-prohibited prayer in public schools
-designated flag burning as protected free speech
-placed many restrictions on the death penalty (cannot execute minors, the mentally retarded, etc.)
and many others.
It seems that I am the only sane person on this website! I am not a "neo-nazi terrorist scumbag" but i do support freedom of speech, whether it be flag burning or KKK rallies, and i do not support the government holding untried prisoners in foreign countries where they are routinely waterboarded. I don't think that any religion should be present in schools, or any other pubic place for that matter, but what people worship in their homes or churches id fine with me. Call me anti-American all you want, but isn't it you that is being anti-America by not wanting what is in the best interests of the population?
This country is built on patriotic dissent. Lve with it, you closed minded, neo-conservatiove hate mongers.
Does just what its name says: supports civil liberties and constitutional rights
In more words it Supports:
-SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE- this stance tends to generate controversy b/c many people think they are trying to stop religious expression by the people when they are really trying to keep the government's nose out of religion and actually defend religious freedom (see below)
-*GASP* FREEDOM OF RELIGION- Yes, the ACLU defends people (including *GASP* Christians) who have been denied their rights to religious expression (two recent cases are an elementary school student who wanted to sing Awesome God at a school talent show, and a high school student whose senior quote was a verse from the Bible.
-FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND PRESS- (They even support the free speech rights of NAMBLA and the KKK, which some people mistakenly think this means they support the message; they do not, they just affirm that these groups have the right to speak out peacefully about their beliefs). The ACLU has also criticized the government for censoring "obscene" materials
-FREEDOM FROM CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENT- they oppose police brutality, prison rape and other prison abuse, and (controversially) the death penalty
-FREEDOM FROM UNREASONABLE SEARCH AND SEIZURE AND RIGHT TO DUE PROCESS - Many people think this makes them favor terrorists; however if there was enough evidence to charge the "terrorists" with crimes, why doesn't the government do it? Also remember people said the same thing about Japanese Americans in WWII, and back then the ACLU was the ONLY major national organization to oppose the internment camps
-EQUAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW- gay rights (including marriage), rights of the poor, racial and gender equality, transgender rights and youth rights - they oppose curfews and rules that require u to be an "adult" to buy porn/see R-rated movies (see free speech too)
Or look it up on wikipedia
The ACLU are often maligned and mischaracterised as being "anti-Christian" since they oppose state-sponsored religion. They have gathered considerable controversy for defending the rights of free speech for unpopular groups such as Neo-Nazis.