1. Probably one of the greatest singers of all time.
2. A cokehead on the real.
Pseudonym: WHITE-ney HUGE-line
Powerful voice, powerful nose ~ Whitney Houston
1) Noun: A woman who was once one of the greatest singers, with one of the best voices of all time. Wife to an abusive bastard, who she doesn't have the sense to leave and doesn't seem to want to get back on her feet. She had the entire world at her fingertips and threw it all away for drugs and a pathetic excuse of a husband who has to hit & verbally abuse women to make himself feel like a "man."
2) Verb: the act of throwing everything away when one once had it all.
That girl had looks, brains (once) and a voice that would make the angels jealous - then she just threw it all away for coke - she pulled a complete Whitney Houston.
1. LEGENDARY DIVA who has thankfully ditched her ugly ass, broke, woman beating husband, Bobby "Eternal Crackhead" Brown.
2. She was the MOST SUCCESSFUL FEMALE ARTIST OF ALL TIME up until 1999, which was when her personal troubles began to overshadow and subsiquently negatively affect her unmatched success. She has since ditched her stupid ass ex husband/enabler and is finally turning her life around for the better. She is recovering her Legendary voice, is sounding better and working on a Comeback Album with Music Industry Legend Clive Davis.
3. Known as the "Greatest Singer of All Time", "The Greatest Voice of All Time" & "The Voice"
4. Living proof that there is a God.
Guy: Wow, Whitney Houston was such a doll in the 80's and 90's. What Bobby Brown did to her is a disgrace.
Friend: Yea it is. Thank God she left him.
Guy: I know, I would've kicked his ass if I ever met him
The woman who, without a shadow if a doubt, had the greastest voice of all time. Frequently referred to as simply 'the voice' or 'the first lady of song', she raised the bar for vocal talent to such a height that those who have come after her are yet to even touch it. She was influenced mostly by chaka khan and aretha franklin, aswell as her legendary mother cissy houston and her first cousin dionne warwick. She did, however, eclipse all of those who came before her with her soaring range, startling power and outstanding control over her miraculous voice. she was in her prime from 1983-1992. in this time, especially the mid eighties, the clarity of her tone, her naturally perfect diction when singing and the utterly immense power of her voice left global audiences flabbergasted. Moreover, the unbelievable talent that she displayed on her albums was meerly a taster of what she could deliver when singing live! known for never singing any one song the same twice, she manipulated eachnote uniquely and adjusted the power and tempo of the song to her taste. Although, it is unfortunate that people are now hateful towards the woman that is factually know for being the biggest break through artist after michael jackson, and who broke down the racial barriers in the musical industry for fellow black female singers to follow. Finally, it is simply ignorance to deny whitney houston's unparallelled talent; comparisons to mariah are flawed as whitney's power, diction, tone and even high...more...
Whitney Houston is one of the best singers ever in my opinion. Although now she's mostly known for her habits and frequent check-ins into rehab, in the '80s and '90s she was a very favored pop/R&B singer. She married R&B singer/rapper Bobby Brown
in 1992, and in 1993 she gave birth to their only child, Bobbi Kristina Brown.
She is widely known for her cover of the song "I Will Always Love You," which was originally performed by country star Dolly Parton
. This song was featured in her box office smash movie, "The Bodyguard
In her career she has won numerous awards including: 6 Grammy Awards, 21 American Music Awards, 15 Billboard Music Awards, 11 NAACP Image Awards, 6 People's Choice awards, 7 Soul Train Music Awards, 5 World Music Awards, 2 Emmy Awards, the MTV Music Video Award and MTV Movie Award, a Cable ACE Award, the Dove (Gospel Music Association) Award, the Blockbuster Entertainment Award, and the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award. In 1995 she was inducted into the Soul Train Hall of Fame. In '96, Whitney was inducted into the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Hall of Fame and the BET Walk of Fame. In 1998, Soul Train gave the prestigious Quincy Jones Career Achievement award to Whitney, and in 2000, Whitney was honored to be named the Soul Train Music Award Female Artist of the Decade.