One, stereotypically American, who obsesses over the Japanese culture. This is usually thanks to the recent trend of dubbing/translating anime/manga and bringing it to the new culture.
Typically, a Weeaboo will abuse the word "kawaii" to ridiculous levels, and other Japanese words will be completely mangled. Another trend is to obsess over every possible nook and cranny of a given manga, usually one translated by Monthly Shonen Jump, yet will, again, use "oro?" when told of another series, with this new series having much more redeeming values in the way of art, writing, characters, etc. Try it- ask any Narutard what Neon Genesis Evangelion is.
This is not to be confused with someone who can tell you who Akechi Mitsuhide is or one who simply appreciates and enjoys popular Japanese (the line is slightly blurred with Otaku, though they're not quite the same). In a nutshell, these are shortsighted, obsessive "noobs," key phrase Over the Top.
Compare and contrast people who do nothing but say "FAIL" all day.
Want to talk to a Weeaboo? Walk into any middle school and ask "Who likes Naruto?"
Someone who is obsessed with Japan/Japanese Culture/Anime, etc. and attempts to act as if they were Japanese, even though they're far from it. They use Japanese words but usually end up pronouncing them wrong and sounding like total assholes. You can find alot of these faggots clogging up the forums of Gaia Online, hanging out in the international aisle of the supermarket, or crowding the manga section of your local bookstore. Synonym of wapanese.
I told that weeaboo girl over there that Inuyasha sucks. She slapped me across the face and proceded to cuss me out in Japanese.
A word filter for the image board 4chan.org that replaces the word wapanese. Originates arbitrarily from a Perry Bible Fellowship comic strip wherein a man was paddled by a crowd chanting "Weeaboo! Weeaboo!"
"Those Wapanese kids think Japan is so great."
"Those weeaboo kids think Japan is so great."
A non japanese person who basically denounces their own culture and calls themselves japanese. They try to learn japanese through the anime they watch and usually end up pronouncing it wrong and looking like a complete idiot.
KEEP IN MIND: that a non-japanese person can like the culture, watch anime, speak the language and RESPECT THE CULTURE, while still keeping in touch with there own. Which keeps them from being a Weeaboo, japanophile, ect.
Weeaboo's basically disrespect the culture and make complete asses of themselves
1. A person so obsessed with japanese culture that they ignore their own.
2. Someone obsessed beyond healthy levels with anime.
3. People who ruin activities for other people with overzealous references to said anime.
4. People so oblivious to reality they only care about anime.
5. An action worthy of getting one's ass beaten.
1. Inuyasha fans
2. Americans claming to be "Otaku."
3. "Did you hear that kid? He won't shut up about how great Full Metal Alchemist is. Such a weeaboo."
Originally a fictional game from a webcomic name the Perry Bible Fellowship, where one person would say weeaboo and get slapped on the ass with a paddle. This was later adopted as a meme on 4chan when moot got offended by prevailing anti-Wapanese sentiment on /b/. This just gave the /b/tards a new word to insult the wapanese. It is now a derogatory phrase used to insult animu fans who act like faggots on the internets.
1. Any self-proclaiming anime fan who alienates themselve from their own society and assimilate into the Japanese culture from which they know little-to-none about; using their so-called anime knowledge as a guide, which destined them to ultimate failure in assimilation. 2. A special breed of anime fans who put Japan on a pedastol and prefer them over any other countries in terms of multimedia, courtship, etc... (E.g. prefer Japanese/Asian sprouses, prefer J-music > Amer. music, wanna live and die Japan, etc...) As far as anime goes, they know only little. For example, the average weeaboo knows only americanized anime; preferly uncut with jap. audio and eng. subs ( E.g. Naruto, DBZ, Bleach, Haruhi Suziyama, Lucky Star, etc...) and memorized every japanese song from their favorite shows.
Note: Anybody who watches some anime and reads manga are not weeaboos. Those who go over-broaded with their anime, hentai, and pocky obsession are.
A classic example of a weeaboo's presence on the net, this unknown 16-year-old girl's rant about Miyavi:
OMG! I loooove Miyavi!!!
FYI - all you haters - I saved ALL these pictures!!!
...so hot, so fine, so sexy, so cute, so funny...*dies*
note that Weeaboo love over-using common japanese word/phrases, like kawaii, desu, and aishiteru accompanied by a exclamation mark.
Someone who thinks Japan is superior over EVERYTHING. Not in reference to someone who likes to watch some anime, reads some manga, eats some teriyaki once or twice a month, etc. The main difference is that a Weeaboo doesn't care about the culture, where a non-weeaboo (I don't know the term, and I don't want to use otaku which is, in fact, a derogatory term) does. A weeaboo speaks Wapanese (i.e. Kawaii neko!! Can I hug your neko-chan?). However they are not to be confused with someone who is still learning Japanese. A weeaboo will obsess over no more that ten anime/manga and then claim to know EVERYTHING there is to know about Japan. They base the majority of their knowledge, if not all of it, of Japan on really bad anime. Not decent ones like Pretear or Suzumiya Haruhi. Shit ones like DBZ.
(In a Japanese clothing store)
Weeaboo: OMGOMGOMG!!!! This is exactly like the yukata Konakona wore in Lucky Star!!! Kawaiiiiiiiiii~!
Ordinary person who appreciates Japan: Hmm, I like this outfit. How much is it?