1. Thinks Japan is the greatest country/culture in the world.
2. Tries to learn the japanese language simply by watching animes and repeats lines of it later on to attempt at impressing someone, they usually get the word wrong as well
3. Has or would like to go out in cos play looking like a complete idiot dressed up as their favorite anime or RPG character
4. Thinks every female in Japan is "innocent" or "shy"
5. Is pale and overweight
6. Spends most of there time online typically playing RPGs such as Ragnarok or Final Fantasy
7. Rarely leaves the house
8. Spends a good 18 hours each week watching animes and if they recently bought a series will watch the lot in one go
9. Wants to go to Japan to live there forever and possibly marry an Asian woman, they seem to belive Japanese women are easy to pick up.
10. Spends a good length of time on foreign sites and downloads animes from the internet whether there in English or not.
11. Buys anime magazines to see what the latest "hot" anime is so they can go out and purchase it.
12. Has or would like to purchase swords from Japan to try and improve there already stupid image
13. Tries to hangout with other asians wheteher they are friends with them or not because "all asians are cool" they repeat this line often, and if they see an asian walking by them in the street they will either stare at them or talk about them for ages "Did you see that asian kid"
See also wapanese, egg, and otaku.
- wearing several different shirts with kanji or anime characters on them
- watching hours upon hours upon hours upon hours of anime and AMVs
- talking about all of the greatest "Japanese music" songs
- trying to draw manga but doing a really terrible job
- trying to impress Japanese people with their vast knowledge of the person's home country
- wanting eagerly to be included in any conversation involving anime
- calling self an otaku
- insisting on using chopsticks and talking about how skilled they are with chopsticks
- talking about martial arts and how they are skilled in it
- eating sushi/other japanese food and talking about it a lot, and making sure people see them eating it
And the big one...
Saying stupid, random phrases from animes to make it seem like they know Japanese.
They actually think you are impressed by this.
They have no real idea about how to speak the language but they pretend to.
Oh, and adding -san or other suffixes to names in real life and online.
It's also considored an insult to critisize people who refuse to read American comics, instead of just manga. Likewise with cartoons as opposed to anime.
Pyschiatrist: ".. So she's a Japanophile?"
It comes from a combination of the English word Japan and the greek word for love. In other words "love of Japan".
A Japanophile is:
1) Someone who loves Japan so much they become a naturalized Japanese citizen like Arudo Debito.
2) Has and extensive interest in learning Japanese or has a strong interesting in doing so.
3) Has a strong interest in Japanese pop-culture such as comics, animated shows, dramas, game shows, music, movies, ect.
4) Has a strong interest in Japanese traditional culture such as mythology and folklore more so than other countries.
5) Some who takes a strong pro-Japanese opinion on things despite not being Japanese. This includes defending Yasukuni visits, Nanking Denial, agreement with Japanese draconian immigration law and agreement with Japanese Nationalists in general.
Person1: zomg Japanophile!! bukkake bukkake! animu wapanese!
These people watch a bunch of cheap, crappy animes that have gotten really popular because of the Japanophile culture. These animes include Inu-Yasha, Full-Metal Alchemist, Sailor Moon, and Naruto.