1) A city just north of Portland Oregon.
2) Often confused with Vancouver B.C.
3) Incorporated in 1857.
1) Incorporated in 1886.
2) Named for Captain George Vancouver. (As was Vancouver Washington.)
Me: I'm from Vancouver.
Canadians: Oh, you're Canadian too?
Me: No, Vancouver Washington.
Vancouver is a city on the west coast of Canada. It has been voted and said by most to be the most beautifull city in the world. Mountains wall in the city and the ocean crashes downtown. In ten minutes you can be walking in old growth forests. Greenpeace, adbusters, legal pot, safe injection sites and things like this make Vancouver Hated by right wing nuts. Vancouver has the highest density, highest property values and best heath standards of Any city its size in the world.
In Vancouver I sit by the ocean in peace. Every other city seems empty to me after loving Vancouver
That city where if you own a house already, you can sell it and buy two of the same in Toronto, or three in Calgary, or an entire street in Winnipeg.
My mouldy 1200 square foot bungalow in Vancouver costs one million dollars because it's got a yard. A yard with trees? That'll be a million-two.
1. A city in Canada everyone's heard of.
2. A city in Washington no one's heard of. When people hear Vancouver they think Canada and when they hear Washington they think Washington DC. So we're not so popular. But hey, we're next to Portland, which is something. And we have lots of meth.
No one cares about Vancouver, WA.
1. A Canadian city located in British Columbia that is surrounded by beautiful scenery (e.g. mountains, water, parks, etc.).
2. A city whose citizens feel the need to remind you over and over again just how beautiful the city is, and just how pathetic and square you are from being from the province of Ontario.
1. Stanley Park, the Coast Range Mountains, the Pacific Ocean, mild temperatures, blah, blah, blah, it's impressive.
2. Person from Vancouver: You want to go smoke a joint and hang out on the beach?
Person from anywhere else: Sounds good, but I have to go cash a cheque at the bank first.
Person from Vancouver: Cash a cheque? What the hell is wrong with you? You must be from Toronto, you poor thing, such an ugly city with rude people. I hate Ontario, there's no good pot or drift wood there. Vancouver is the best, look around, this place is so much better than any other place in our solar system.
Large, densely populated international city on the Pacific coast. Third largest city in the nation, largest city in the province. Contains the most densely populated areas in North America and most diverse population in the nation. Vancouver often received accolades from international rankings (usually #1 or 2 in the world). Among most notable, Vancouver will host the 2010 Olympic games.
"I went to Seattle for vacation but can only remember Vancouver!" actual quote from my mom!
That city where the average house price in the metropolitan region is now $699,000 as of august 2006, and where one in three houses for sale is listed at over a million dollars. Torontonians who move here usually end up downsizing from a 4 bedroom house in the city to a 2 bedroom condo or townhome 3 hours from downtown.
Sells toronto house for $378,000. Heads to Vancouver and looks around...
Vancouver east: $560,000
Vancouver west: $1,200,000
North Vancouver: $814,000
West Vancouver: $1,500,000
White Rock: $710,000
Shit, looks like I'll hv to live in Victoria or sth...
One of the world's most beautiful cities. A very diverse city.
I wish I cauld move to Vancouver but it's very expensive.