(noun) -- a total coward. So defined because Francesco Schettino, Captain of the cruise ship Costa Concordia which ran aground off the coast of Tuscany resulting in at least 11 deaths, abandoned the ship before many of the passengers and crew, and did not return to the ship despite being ordered to do so by the Italian coast guard to help with the rescue operations. A Schettino is the polar opposite of Captain Sully.
That guy is a Schettino. He ran like a girl to save himself!
1. verb: To flee without any consideration, dignity, grace or seeming self-respect, particularly from a catastrophic or embarrassing occurrence, with only one's own personal interests at stake.
2. noun: A derogatory term for a person or individual who possesses the unlikable characteristics of someone engaged in schettinoing.
1. Verb: I got caught kicking that girl-scout in the vagina because she wouldn't give me a cookie, so I Schettinoed out of there!
2. Verb: Rupert Murdoch can schettino like no other. Did you see him schettino out of that News of the World scandal? There are rats who could learn a thing or two from that man!
3. Noun: For Christ's sake Dick, stop being a Schettino, and let's get this man to a hospital. I'm sure they'll believe you when you say it was a hunting accident.
Coward. When an individual, who is primarily occupied by impressing a female companion, crashes a cruise ship and quickly bales on responsibly, even when other lives are at risk.
Person A, “Did you hear about Billy?”
Person B, “Yea, he skipped out on his teammates. Right when they really needed him.”
Person A, “What a Schettino!”
(n.) someone that is so cowardly and weak that every person on the planet instantly hates them
-based upon the captain of the cruise ship that jumped on a life boat and left the passengers to die when he crashed his ship into the aground.
Mike pulled a Schettino when he used his infant son as a human shield.
Janet pulled a Schettino when she sold her daughter to a pedophile so she could get some money for crack.
Sean proved himself to be a big Schettino when he left his children to die in his burning house.
1. Cowardice in the face of distress.
2. The act of abandoning those who have placed their trust in you.
1. Jim showed nothing but schettino last night. It was three on three, but he ran and we got our asses kicked.
2. To complete the schettino, Bob left without paying the bar tab and without driving us home, like he was supposed to do.
Verb: So scared that you empty your bowels. Similar in pronunciation to "Shit in yo".
Named for Captain Francesco Schettino, who crashed a cruise ship in Italy and abandoned ship instead of staying with the ship to coordinate rescue efforts.
You were so scared that you Schettino pants.
A complete asshole. Willing to lie and put lives in danger in order to cover his own ass.
The porn star decided to be a schettino and keep working rather than divulge his HIV positive status.