1. Excessive Piercing (Beyond an ear or lip)
2. Hairstyles beyond unnatural, a True Goth may color hair white or black or some natural tone, while mall goths prefer green, pink, purple, and bright neon red
3. Fascination with the store Hot Topic
4. An even bigger fascination with Twilight and Edward "twinkle-toes" Cullen
5. A preference of My Chemical Romance over true Gothic music like Theater of Tragedy and Saviour Machine
6. Complete lack of knowledge of the word Azrael
7. If you mention Edward Cullen they shriek like Hannah Montana fans
8. Belief that Paganism is the same as Demon Worship
9. Belief that Veganism is the same as Paganism
10. Pentagram necklaces are not a sure sign, but may be worn by Mall-Goths
11. Belief that Edward Cullen is Jesus Christ and that Jesus Christ never existed, even though we know a guy named Jesus lived 2000 years ago and used magic to heal people and blood sacrificed himself, making him a better Goth than all these people
Group of Mall Goths: "EEIIEIIIIIII He is so hot, I bet he shops at Hot Topic"
Jesus Christ: "Wow that's kinda creepy"
Mall Goth Hunter"Very creepy"
Mall Goth:"Who are you talking to? He doesn't exist"
Jesus Christ:"I'm standing right here."
Mall Goth:"Doesn't matter, Ozzy Osbourne says you don't exist, so you don't exist."
Mall Goth Hunter:"Ozzy never said anything like that, come on Jesus, let's go talk to Azrael"
Mother: C'mon dear, I'll give you money to spend at Hot Topic
Mallgoth sarah: I HATE YOU MOM! YOU MAKE MY LIFE A LIVING HELL!!!
Mother: But we always bought you everything you wanted. a Laptop, the pony you picked out, your stereo, you get a 100$ a week allowance..
Mallgoth sarah: AHHHH I HATE YOU!!! I'M GONNA GO HANG OUT WITH MY FRIENDS, THEY UNDERSTAND MY PAIN!
Ironically Marilyn Manson, their God, is a marketed popstar as well.
Mallgoths lack knowledge about tr00 black metal and real goths, who were nomads during ancient times. They think you just have to listen to Marilyn Manson and shop at Hot Topic to be "unique" and "depressed".
At the mall (which they practically live in), they complain about everything, even about how commercial the mall is.
They listen to overhyped nu-metal/emo bands that they like for the simple fact that they believe it will make them 'cool',or more 'gothic'.
Usually between the ages of 12-17, they have a very blatant fashion sense; commonly wearing baggy, black pants with chains draped from them, spiked wristbands/collars, beanies, and especially Slipknot, HIM, or Korn tees.
Their chief source of fashion is Hot Topic (owned by Abercrombie & Fitch)
Some will don a depressed visage, never smile or speak, and others will don a moody, angry tone.
None of these 'goths' are generally 'gothic' at all. None of these people understand the origins, roots, or influences of the subculture, nor would they likely to be interested in any of its true aspects.
"My friend only listens to HIM and Slipknot, and pretends to be depressed all the time; he's a mall goth."