well, if you have ass kissing points below
30(aka karma) normal users assume your a dumbass and treat you like shit,even if your just asking a simple question and arnt trying to troll. This is becouse most people there tend to be very elitist. People also have an annoying
tendency to bitch and complain about simple spelling errors, (like spelling ganon with two n's instead of one) while completly ignorring the tc's topic. their are also a shit load of annoying fanboys that get pissed off over very trivial things (like not likeing there show) and like to debate on dumb things like who could win in a fight between monkey D. luffy and sora.(note that said topics only lead to flame wars). So if your a normal person with a real life and you like to play video games just go the gamefaqs for the faqs and avoid the hell hole message boards.
elitist gamefaqer 1: you stupid noob! symPHONia doen't have an e in it, lol.
elitist gamefaqer 2: yeah! learn to spell, retard!
annoying fanboy: rofl,we've all known about it for a year,
normal person: ooookay... can any one answer my question?
The GameFAQs message boards brainwash their users with some crazy pretend currency system called "Karma" and "Marked Message Accuracy" (MMA). It’s a shame that people can be so easily tricked by imaginary suck-up points.
“GameFAQs message boards? More like LameFAQs message boards. olololol!
1. The basic system:
- Possibly the most inconvenient, inaccessible and unintuitive message board system I've EVER seen. Everything you are allowed to do, even the most basic amenities of forum usage are presented as "rewards" for accumulating high "karma" (an ironic term at best). Basically a badge of honor and level of validity to one's membership gained simply by signing on. You could type by mashing the keys with your face everyday for a year and be more accepted than a newbie with halfway decent ideas.
"Want to delete a post? Sorry Karma is too low. Want to search your own posts? Sorry. Mark a troll for harassing you? Sorry. Want to post more than ten times a day? Sorry"....you get the picture.
- There is no messaging system, so communicating on a personal level is impossible. They even make a point of saying the possible inclusion of such, is not even up for discussion.
- No 'Edit post' feature at all. Which means a lot of deleted posts which still take up room, and a LOT of double or triple posting and even more typos that certainly fail to go unnoticed by the site's "grammar police".
You think with all the pop ups and drop downs, this place could spring for some convenience...
- The karma system only serves to create an elitist atmosphere where the opinions of anyone with low karma are immediately written off as invalid or trollish.
- The codes for posting aren't presented to the poster when posting. You get a box. You type in the box. If you don't know the codes for italics or quoting. Meh, tuff shit.
If you look up corrupt in the dictionary.....
THE worst I've ever seen.
Anyone with intellect needs to seriously watch out, because apparently, the moderating staff is made up almost entirely of CJayC's punk-ass little brother's best friends. With all the anti-intelligence and pro-childish fight mob mentality you'd expect from thirteen year old boys.
Things that can net you moderation:
- Whole words and sentences
- Refusal to kowtow
- not kissing the right ass
- presenting a counter to fanboy supported games
- Being a decent person
3. The People:
Imagine a pool filled with people and no water. Imagine that 90% of said people are under the age of 18. Hopped up on sugar and bolstered by "Internet courage" Each one more "1337" than the last. Now imagine the remaining 10% are buried under the former struggling to breath and claw their way through the idiot kids only to reach the surface to be kicked in the face by a moderator and pushed back down into the depths of Internet Hell.
GAMEFAQS - Come for the FAQ's...stay for nothing else.
"Yeah, it was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me."
User2: You are an ignorant troll for posting this crap. You need to DIE because you think that MM is better than OoT. OoT is THE BEST ZELDA GAME with NO FLAWS. Limited sidequests in OoT is a bunch of BS. Go back to your troll cave, troll. *Mods u lolz*
User1: hey i just played wind waker bc my friends said it was good. well, i didnt really like it that much bc the game was waay too short compared to the rest of the series. i hope that the next game will be better!
User2: There is NO such thing as a short Zelda game. You're a blind troll just bashing tWW because you think its graphics were kiddy. Admit it, you KNOW it's true that you think the graphics were kiddy! C'mon! ADMIT IT!
User1: no i actually liked the graphi--
andor3: STFU you troll.
Also the game boards are populated with more losers who blindly defend the respective game, and automatically label any dissenters fanboys/trolls. (anyone who doesn't like GoldenEye: Rogue Agent is automatically labelled a GoldenEye or Halo fanboy for example) Anyone who doesn't particularly like whatever game the board is based on is automatically a troll and must be banned.
HELLO THAT'S WHAT I DID! You the have the option to contest this to an admin. Here's the biggest flaw in the system, you don't have the chance to write out another commect counter attacking the moderator's comment. Since the moderator has the last word, the admin thinks he has the better argument and will side with them. You'd think GameFAQS, would at least give you the option to counter what the moderator said, Ebay has a system like this when people leave negative feedback.
Poster 1: Guys, I neede your help. My parents are in hospital, and I feel bad that I wasn't there for them.
Poster 2: CRAAAWLIGN IEN MYYY SKIIINN
Poster 3: lolwtf ur agnstie u shud lissn 2 NFG n cut ur wrizts 2 Gud Charlett!!!111
Poster 4: OMG U MISSPELL'D 1 WURD GO AWEY U TORLL!!111111!!!1
Poster 5: This message was deleted at the request of a Moderator or Administrator
Poster 6: gawd ur suech a troell WTF?!111
Poster 7: did u seckz em in ohspitel??!?!?!//11
Poster 8: ur paerentz desirv 2 dye cuz tehy made u OLOLOLLLOLLOLO!!!11
Poster 1: Um, OK, you guys reading this should learn that asking for serious advice on GameFAQs would be the biggest mistake you'll ever make in your life.