It has BLACKROCK, a diving tower of imense awesomness!
The locals are either scangers, drunkards, culchies, tomers or the nicest people you will ever meet.
The pubs and restraunts are amazing, especially the older, local places, like McDonagh's fish and chips or something of that calibre.
The town is great, and attracts fair such as the Continental Christmas Market and has hosted the Volvo Ocean Race and is set to host the finishing point stop- over for the Ocean Race in 2012.
Galway = epic.
"Woah, holy shit, you're so lucky! while you're there, you should check out some of the amazing sites, pubs and locals...'
Populated by bogmen and farmers. Mostly filled with drunken scallys at the weekend. This group taken up about 25% of the total population. The other 75% consist of vodka swilly Polish layabouts.
Go into any cafe and you are more likely to be greeted with some sort of eastern European language rather than the local Galway drawl.
At various times of the year fesitvals are held in the area. This only serves to attract more vodka and Guinness swilling crackheads and the even more dangourous and annoying "The Dublin Fourset"
This group live in the Dublin 4 postcode area and think they own the whole country. Easy to spot because they speak with a false English accent and usually have 100 kids all dressed in riding gear even though they wouldn't know what a horse looked like if it came up to them and said, Hi there, I'm a horse
Don't even try to drive in Galway, it's worse than driving in Naples.
Almost as expensive Dublin. When the locals speak of "Ripe off Ireland" it's not with ironey or sarcasm, it's with a sense of pride.....