Tend to believe in the value a federalist government which:
(1) controls and redistributes the product of it's citizens labor to the lazy and purposefully indigent, justified by the principal that a small percentage of those people are truly incapable of increasing their quality of life while failing to acknowledge that the majority achieve their lot by choice;
(2) Controls, surveils, and dictates morality to the citizens of the 50 independent states comprising the Union (see: reauthorization of the Patriot Act);
(3) Assumes (incorrectly) all American citizens are evil and dispassionate by nature and therefore require a government to enforce a means of charity through excessive taxation, including one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world.
(4) Believes that failing public schools should be given more money so they can pay higher salaries to underperforming teachers while begrudging a parent who wants to send their kid to a better school so they may learn something other than the proper vein to use when shooting heroin.
(5) Cries for the end of prolonged conflict in distressed Muslim countries, unless they (democrats) start the war themselves.
If Chad is a rational human being - "we should create a solid base for employment in this region and then offer incentivized assistance for the panhandler to educate and prepare for meaningful work in one of these jobs, provided he displays commitment and work ethic, thereby providing for a citizen and increasing contributions to our society."
If Chad is a Democrat - "we should provide Chad with food and shelter to comfort him in between his pan-handling hours, and create a system where you supplement his income through assistance paychecks that he in no way earns, but which will make me feel good about myself, even if I didn't do anything but force you to do stuff."
- personal privacy rights, including legalized abortion and gay marriage
- protection of civil liberties
- protection of the enviornment
- multilateral foreign policy
- extensive government services, such as health care, education, and welfare
- tax system that causes the rich to pay more taxes to pay for above government services
There are currently 202 Democrats in the House of Representatives and 44 in the Senate.
For example, many moderate liberals find themselves alienated by the extreme liberals' insistence on political correctness and intolerance to religion.
As one party in the two-party system in America, they are half of the problem.
Democrat: Actually, statistically, the rich recieved almost-
Republican: Your numbers mean nothing.
Democrat: This entire issue is about numbers!
Republican: No, this is about the people! This is about Joe Everyman!
Democrat: What the hell are you talking about?
Republican: I'm talking about how you radicals use numbers to mislead everyone into thinking the Bush tax cuts were bad, and that we have massive debt.
Democrat: ...We DO have massive debt, and the average person got around $300 back, whereas the rich got-
Republican: Are you telling these people America is BAD? Are you saying that America isn't the best damn country ever?
Democrat: No, I just-wait, what? This isn't about me! This is about the issues!
Republican: Not responding to my questions. Typical.
Republican: See, clearly I have silenced you with my powerful, factual argument.
Democrat: I had sex with your wife, Bill.
Democrat: She said she wanted a man who didn't tell her she belonged in the kitchen.